WHAT A FLEA IS?
The flea is a wingless insect that feeds on the blood sucked of bited animal. The most common species are fleas present in dogs and cats (Ctenocephalides canis and Ctenocephalides felis). Adult fleas live on your dog or cat – all the time – practically without leaving it. Within 24 hours it consumes 20 times more blood than it weighs. In the closest surrounding of the animal, the flea flies through 3-4 weeks of complete life cycle (from egg to adult insect).
The most widespread species of fleas across the globe is the kitten flea . To understand the risk of infestation, potential fleas invasion and the mechanism of fighting them, it is important to have a basic knowledge of the stages of flea life development.
STAGES OF FLEA'S LIFE
They appear until 48 hours after the adult will eat the host’s blood. They are small (up to 0.5mm long), white and oval. Eggs are about 50% od invasion. Due to the fact that they are not sticky, they can fall anywhere in your house and grow there. After about 1-10 days, they undergo a larva stage.
These thin and small (1-2mm long) wormhole creatures feed on organic debris in their surroundings, avoiding light, so they can be found in carpet fibers or inside the sofa. Before it reaches the stage of the chrysalis, it doubles. The stadium lasts from 5 to 11 days and accounts for about 35% of the house invasions.
Silky whitish cocoon in which the larvae are submerged is the last stage of flea development. It may take up to a few weeks before the adult gets out of the shed. Help with this may be physical pressure, carbon dioxide (which produces mammals during breathing), vibration (when you walk or vacuum) and heat (produced by a potential host or heating at home).
Adult fleas are only 5% of all the developmental stages present in your home. The remaining 95% are eggs, larvae and chrysalis. After getting out of the pupa he jumps on the host and starts sucking his blood even within 7 seconds and then starts to lay eggs.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
A flea can wait a whole year without any movement, until the sound of human (or dog) footsteps. Then it breaks out of jitter and jumps into its new living pantry.
Adult fleas, although they come from eggs folded at one time, do not leave their cocoons all at once.
A flea is able to suck up a blood amount fifteen times havier than weight of her own body a day.
Kitten flea stays lifelong with his owner.
Due to the fact that the “flesh” of the fleas contain an extremely elastic substance called a resin, they can perform as many as 30,000 jumps without a break. And each jump can be compared to a human jump to the height of the Eiffel Tower with an acceleration of 140 G, which is 50 times greater than the space rocket.